[molpro-user] molpro with gm-2.0.14

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Sat Mar 5 01:23:52 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has some experience with parallel molpro using the
latest myrinet GM software, 2.0.14, and its associated mpich.  We've
transitioned our myrinet cluster to the Rocks OS and this came with the
newest GM stuff.  Everything seems fine, but when we run parallel
molpro, we get annoying messages such as:

  ?WARNING: TOO HIGH ADDRESS IN CORLSI: LT=********  IBASE=********
LTOP=-210605060  MEMSTACK=-180512421

  ?WARNING: TOO HIGH ADDRESS IN CORLSI: LT=********  IBASE=********
LTOP=-210605057  MEMSTACK=-180512421

We always get a couple at the start of every job when the initial
memory is allocated, and the MRCI code gives several of these per CI
iteration (hence the annoyance).  I should stress that the results do
not seem to be affected.  I'm guessing it might be a global arrays
issue, but I'm still waiting for an answer from that camp.  Note that
one benefit of the newer GM is that the cards now are configured for 16
ports rather than the old limit of 8.  Since molpro needs 3 ports per
job, one sometimes ran into trouble if you happened to overallocate a
node.

thanks in advance,

-Kirk