[molpro-user] Instability problems

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Thu Nov 10 01:57:06 GMT 2005

Hi,

this is not a bug.  MCSCF natural orbitals are always ordered by
occupation, not energy, since in general there is not a suitable Fock
operator as in a HF calculation to define orbital energies.  What you
can do is generate pseudo-canonical orbitals which uses an effective
Fock operator.  This might "fix" your problem.  Just use the keyword
"canonical" instead of "natural" when you save/generate your orbitals.

regards,

Kirk