[molpro-user] Na+, BSSE

Peter Knowles knowlespj at Cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 13:37:48 GMT 2005

Your error is that you are trying to do a calculation where the number of electrons correlated is zero. You might want
core,1
in both places in your input, under the reasonable assumption that you care about the correlation effects involving the sodium 2s and 2p.
Peter

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Main Building, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK

>>> "erol yildirim" <eroly99 at hotmail.com> 18/11/2005 13:05 >>>
I want to calculate the counterpoise corrected NaHe+ potential with pv5z
basis set. there is not any problem in calculating the CCSD(T) energy for
NaHe+, He calculation in NaHe+, and separate calculation for He. There is an
error in the input cards in the calculation of Na+, may be because of occ or
core cards. I could not find my error. can you help me? Here are my Na+
inputs.

text,cp calculation for na
geometry
ang
Na
He Na r
end
r=2.34
set,charge=1
dummy,he
hf
wf,symmetry=1,spin=0
ccsd(t)
occ,3,1,1
core,3,1,1
e_na=energy

text,separate calculation for na
geometry={na}                       !geometry for na alone
set,charge=1
hf;
wf,10,1,0
ccsd(t)
core,2,1,1,0,1,0,0,0
occ,2,1,1,0,1,0,0,0                 !CCSD(T) for na
e_na_inf=energy         !save energy in variable e_na_inf

bsse_na=(e_na-e_na_inf)*tocm

En etkili ve güvenilir PC Korumayi tercih edin, rahat edin!
http://www.msn.com.tr/security/