[molpro-user] Restrict keyword for pair excitation

Peter Knowles knowlespj at Cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 13:14:37 BST 2005

If I understand what you want to do as eliminating just the configurations that
are singly excited with respect to Hartree-Fock, then the following should do:

restrict,-1,-1,2.1,1.5;
restrict,-1,-1,3.1,2.5;

If you also want to get rid of the configuration with all four orbitals singly
occupied, then

restrict,-1,-1,2.1
restrict,-1,-1,3.1
restrict,-1,-1,1.5
restrict,-1,-1,2.5

Peter

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Main Building, Park Place, Cardiff

>>> Panida Surawatanawong <paninid at gmail.com> 27/09/2005 19:43:36 >>>
Dear Molpro users,

Recently, I have some problems with calculation MCSCF by adding keyword
RESTRICT. I tried to do PEMCSCF for BeH2. From the manual, I think if I put
keyword: restrict,-1,-1,orb1,orb2,.... The program should omit singly
excited configurations in that orbital. After I calculated it, I got the
same energy as the one without restrict keyword. The result energies should
be different, isn't it? Did I do anything wrong? My input is following.

***,BeH2PE
file,2,beh2pe.wfu
geometry={
Be;