[molpro-user] correlation energy

Peter Knowles KnowlesPJ at Cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Sep 8 06:51:52 BST 2005

Yes, the default in Molpro is not to correlate orbitals which correspond
to atomic inner-core orbitals, which is  a choice that is consistent
with default orbital basis sets designed for valence correlation only;
see http://www.molpro.net/info/current//doc/manual/node278.html . As far
as I see 'core' does work:

geometry={be}
basis,sto-3g
rhf
mp2;eval=energy  ! -14.37567147
mp2;core         ! -14.37623878
diff=eval-energy !   0.00056731

Peter

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Main Building, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK