[molpro-user] MRCI and OPTG

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Sat Feb 11 18:35:59 GMT 2006

Dear Pawel,

I think there are two problems.  The first, which seems to cause your
RHF error, is
that you save the SCF orbitals to 2100.1 rather than 2100.2.  The
main problem,
however, is the use of two multi's with optg.  Even when it gets past
that
problematic RHF step, only 1 multi is performed and then the CI has
some problems
picking up the correct occupations and such.  I would recommend in
this case to
use the startcmd option so that you can loop over your input
correctly, i.e., substitute:

forces,numerical,startcmd=rhf
opt,startcmd=rhf

  for your optg command.  Now unfortunately I tested this and for
some reason the
program refuses to pick up your nosym option.  So in the end the
program again
crashes since the symmetry reverts back to D2h and all the
occupations specified
are now wrong.  Well, I tried...

best wishes,

Kirk