[molpro-user] Parallel codes

H. -J. Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jul 5 13:25:12 BST 2006

In Molpro both mrci and ccsd(t) are fully parallelized. caspt2
is not yet parallelized. In multi the determinant ci is parallel
(which takes most of the time in casscf calculations with large
active spaces). Also parallel are the integrals, hf, gradients,
analytical second derivatives (McKinley), most of the
direct codes, df-hf, and df-lmp2. df-lccsd is currently only
partly parallelized, but the local (t) correction is already
fully parallel. Naturally, the performance depends
on the communication speed, best performance is obtained
on shared memory machines.
Best regards
Joachim Werner

--