[molpro-user] memory allocation in mrcc

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Wed Jun 21 20:29:29 BST 2006

This seems like an all too familiar problem, but one I've not faced
in a while: when running the MRCC program of Kallay, either as
interfaced via Molpro or standalone, I can't seem to get past a 2GB
memory allocation limit.  This is on an Opteron system with 8GB of
RAM and I have no problems at all with Molpro.  The program has been
compiled with pgf90 v5.1.  I've tried both the c and f90 versions of
xalloc provided with mrcc.  The program has been compiled with -i8,
etc., etc.  Am I missing something embarrassingly simple?  It's just
trying to do a malloc, and sizes of 2048 or higher yields a null
pointer and error out.  I'd appreciate any comments.

thanks  in advance,

Kirk