[molpro-user] ifort 9.0, MOLPRO 2006.1, and amd64 compilation errors

Nick Wilson WilsonNT at Cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Jun 26 16:38:44 BST 2006

Dear Benj,

You should run configure in a fresh source tree and it should pick up
the intel compiler OK

It sounds as if you're trying to hack a CONFIG file which is based on
configure run with the pathscale compiler. That compiler uses uppercase
for the names of module files and the intel compiler uses lowercase
which is why makedepend is breaking.

Manually editing CONFIG files in this manner is also dangerous because
the lists of files which need their optimisation lowering will differ
between compilers and compiler versions.

Best wishes,
Nick