[molpro-user] UCCSD(T) and RMP2

Rafal Bachorz rafal.bachorz at chemie.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Mar 13 12:47:10 GMT 2006

Dear Molpro Users,

When carrying out the CCSD/CCSD(T) (for the closed shell system of course) one
gets in the output file the mp2 enery. On the other hand there is no this
information in case of UCCSD/UCCSD(T) calculation. My question is how I can
get mp2 energy of the open-shell system which is equivalent to the mp2 energy
printed out during CCSD(T) calculation of the closed-shell one.

For UCCSD(T) calculation I have been using 2002.6 linked 13 version of molpro,
and to the best of my knowledge the ROHF reference is used for this purpose.
I have found in the manual that there are the following methods implemented
in molpro for open-shell cases:

****
ump2    !second-order Moeller-Plesset perturbation theory with UHF reference
rmp2    !second-order Moeller-Plesset perturbation theory with RHF reference.
ci      !singles and doubles configuration interaction (using the MRCI
program)
rcisd   !spin-restricted singles and doubles configuration interaction
ucisd   !spin-unrestricted singles and doubles configuration interaction
rccsd   !partially spin adapted coupled cluster with singles and doubles
rccsd(t)!partially spin adapted coupled cluster with perturbative
treatment
        !of triples
uccsd   !spin-unrestricted coupled cluster with singles and doubles
uccsd(t)!spin-unrestricted coupled cluster with perturbative
        !treatment of triples
****

My guess is that I need to use the rmp2 keyword, am I right?

Any help is appreciated very much.

Best regards,
Rafal Bachorz.

--
Rafal A. Bachorz
Chair of Theoretical Chemistry
Email: rafal.bachorz at chemie.uni-karlsruhe.de
Telephone: +49-721-608 7269
Office:
Engesserstrasse 15, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Building 30.45 (Chemie-Turm III), Room 620