[molpro-user] trouble configuring using Intel fortran on amd64 (opteron)

Kelly Higgins higgins at otto.harvard.edu
Sat May 27 03:11:52 BST 2006

Hello Everybody,

I am having trouble getting configure for Molpro 2002.6 to run on a new
opteron system.  I am running SuSE 10.0 64 bit and have installed Intel
64 bit fortran 9.0 along with mkl 8.1 and I get the following error when
I run configure:

ccb93-180:/usr/local/molpro/intel/molpro2002.6 # ./configure
getmachine was unable to identify your operating system correctly.
Using Intel compiler /opt/intel/fce/9.0/bin/ifc for bootstrap
ifc: warning: The Intel Fortran driver is now named ifort.  You can
suppress this message with '-quiet'
ld: skipping incompatible /opt/intel/fce/9.0/lib/libsvml.a when
searching for -lsvml
ld: cannot find -lsvml
ln: accessing `./machine.exe': No such file or directory
gmake: *** [machine.exe] Error 1
/bin/sh: ../CONFIG_FRONT: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [echo] Error 1
utilities/getmachine: line 338: utilities/machine.exe: No such file or
directory
If you believe the error is not your fault,
then email the molpro mailing list at molpro-user at molpro.net, specifying
operating
system type and version, compiler type and version and any other
information which would be useful. Exiting ...

This configuration is supported according to the 'Supported machines'
page so why is it hanging at this point?

Thanks for any help,

Kelly Higgins
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Harvard University
Cambridge, MA 02138
USA