[molpro-user] Inactive OPTG

H. -J. Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Sep 13 07:12:49 BST 2006

This does not work with xyz input, since in this case the program
uses 3N coordinates and symmetric displacement coordinates. It
works, however, if you specify the geometry as cartesian Z-matrix,
see appended example. Note that freezing certain coordinates can
lead to symmetry changes, and therefore nosym may be needed.
Constraints on certain coordinates can also be introduced using
the Slapaf optimizer, see manual.
H.-J. Werner

geometry={nosym;
 O ,,  ax1,ay1,az1