[molpro-user] Density Fitting

H. -J. Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 18 08:23:01 BST 2006

Dear Glen,
the problem is that in benzene the localization is not unique. You can
use a method which eliminates the redundancy using

pipek,method=2

With diffuse basis sets you might want to use

pipek,method=2,delete=1
or
pipek,method=2,delete=2

This eliminates the contributions of the 1 or 2 most diffuse functions of each angular
momentum type to the localization criterion. For benzene and similar molecules
this gives better localization.

Still the result of the localization is not unique. To remove the
ambiugity, use option mergedom=1.
See the manual for more details. A recent
application of all this is described in

J. G. Hill, J.A.  Platts, and H.-J. Werner,
Calculation of Intermolecular Interactions in the Benzene Dimer using Coupled-Cluster and
Local Electron Correlation Methods, Chem. Phys. Phys. Chem.  8, 4072 (2006).

Best regards
Joachim Werner

--
Prof. Hans-Joachim Werner