[molpro-user] MR-MS-CASPT2 with level shift

hudock at spawn.scs.uiuc.edu hudock at spawn.scs.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 20 18:30:05 BST 2006

Dear All,

Can someone please explain to me whether the transition dipole moments
displayed at the end of the MR-MS-CASPT2 calculation consider multi-state
correction and also level shift?  These transition dipole moments agree with
those I would expect based on the mixing coefficents listed under the Heff
Half Sum symmetrized MS-CASPT2 energies (unshifted) but do not agree with
the following MS-CASPT2 mixing coeffients, which I'm assuming are corrected
for the level shift.  Can someone please tell me which output is
correct--the transition dipole moments and the unshifted mixing
coeffecients, or the shift-corrected mixing coefficients?

Thanks so much,
Hanneli