[molpro-user] CASPT2 calculation too big

Sarah Wilsey sarah.wilsey at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 10:03:40 BST 2007

Hi,

We have a problem running a CASPT2 calculation on a large system
using the RS2C keyword. The maximum number of basis functions has
been set to 4095 which is the limit at compilation time but we still
get the error message:

>> Number of p-space configurations:   9
>>
>>  Reference wavefunction optimized for reference space (refopt=1)
>>
>>  State     Reference Energy
>>    1        -903.18666165
>>    2        -902.89530396
>>    3        -902.89159529
>>  n=                  4134   lvec=                  4095
>>  ? Error
>>  ? LVECT TOO SMALL
>>  ? The problem occurs in SMH

Please could you let me know if it is safe to manually increase the
value of the parameter lenvc in common/cvectr to be more than 4095 or
is this likely to lead to problems?

Many thanks,

Sarah Wilsey

Dr Sarah Wilsey
EPSRC National Service for Computational Chemistry Software
Department of Chemistry
Imperial College
London SW7 2AZ
Phone: 020 7594 1220      Fax: 020 7594 5804