[molpro-user] Problem about directories for scratch files

Yuxin Zhuang yuxinzhuang at cnic.cn
Fri Aug 10 02:27:15 BST 2007

Dear Molpro users:

Using molpro on a cluster, I encountered a problem. I've installed molpro on
a cluster and it runs well. But as i specify a directory on the front end
node for the software to write intermediate results, it arouses a heavy
network traffic. I just wonder, to run a parallel job, whether the directory
for scratch files has to be shared by all computing nodes. In other words,
can I use the directory on each computing node as the scratch file directory
without sharing with others?

Thanks in advance!

Yuxin Zhuang

Cnic, Cas