[molpro-user] Killing Molpro Jobs using SGE

Javier Díaz Montes javier.diaz at uclm.es
Tue Dec 4 10:16:10 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have a problem when I run Molpro in several nodes of a cluster. The
problem is when I try to kill a job.
If I kill the job, using the qdel command of sge, some processes of Molpro
remain running. I have seen that molpro create 2 processes, in each node,
of molprop_2006_1_i4_p4_mpi.exe, one running and another one sleep. Then,
when I kill the job, the processes running are killed and the process
which was sleeping starts to run.

Molpro create 2 processes of molprop_2006_1_i4_p4_mpi.exe in each node, is
this normal?
How could I kill a Molpro job?, because Now I have to kill these processes
using pkill command in each node.

Regards,
Javi

Javier Diaz Montes
PhD Candidate
Grupo de Quimica Computacional y Computacion de Alto Rendimiento.
Departamento de Tecnologias y Sistemas de Informacion.
Escuela Superior de Informatica.
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha.
Paseo de la Universidad, 4; 13071 Ciudad Real; SPAIN
Tel.: 34-926295300; Ext: 3724
e-mail: javier.diaz at uclm.es