[molpro-user] Killing Molpro Jobs using SGE

Javier Díaz Montes javier.diaz at uclm.es
Tue Dec 4 16:09:03 GMT 2007

Hi,
Rocks is just an easy way to manage a cluster. Mainly, reinstall and
autoconfigure computer nodes.
I am using SGE, because is a good scheduler and queue manager. I think
that it is needed, if you want manage queues and a lot of jobs. Moreover,
A scheduler allows you interoperate with other tecnologies like Grid
Computing.
When, I run a job, SGE allocate the job in the best nodes acording to the
scheduling policies. Then, The first node perform as the master of the
parallel ejecution, and the rest of the nodes will be the slaves. I can
obtain the list of nodes from SGE and give it to mpirun command (it is not
magic ;)).

I have not installed mpd, because we just use MPICH or OPENMPI. mpd is a
process manager for MPICH, but it is not essential. However, It could be a
solution to kill all mpi processes.

Thanks,
Javi