[molpro-user] Re: Errors in manual: DELT and OPRD

Jutho Haegeman darkgenius4u at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:56:52 GMT 2007

While trying, I discovered that using OPROD instead of OPRD gives
rise to this slightly different error:

"Illegal directive OPROD for program MATROP"

while -repeating my previous post- OPRD leads to

"Unknown directive OPRD for command MATROP"

Furthermore, when using OPROD, the calculation starts and the error
is produced during runtime.
When using OPRD, the error is produced by whatever prechecks the
input before starting any calculation.

Could it for example be that the prechecker relies on the directive
OPROD (maybe from an older version), while the correct directive is
OPRD, but it isn't accepted by the prechecker? This is indeed the
problem, and the solution is to change the word "OPROD" in the file
"commands.registry" in the Molpro "lib" directory to "OPRD". In this
case, thus, the manual is correct, but the prechecker didn't allow
one to use the correct directive.

Is this bug automatically reported by posting it here on the mailing
list?

Jutho Haegeman