[molpro-user] Expanding scf/ks procedure

Jutho Haegeman darkgenius4u at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:22:49 GMT 2007

As pointed out by Peter's answer below, most of what I'm trying to do
can be done with the matrop facilities, built in in Molpro. I've been
experimenting with matrop the last couple of days, but there's one
thing which I think ain't possible. I'd like to solve the generalized
eigenvalue-problem

[F'] [C] = [S][N][S] [C] [Lambda].

In this equation [F'] a self-adjusted Fock-matrix, by redefining for
example [H0]. On the right side, I'd like to use a matrix [S']=[S][N]
[S], which is not the standard overlap matrix.

For solving a generalized eigenvalue equation, as in the scf-
excercise in the matrop chapter, I diagonalized [S^-1/2][F][S^-1/2],
which was possible because [S^-1/2]=[SMH] is standard provided by
Molpro.

But now I have a different [S']-matrix, and I have no idea of how to
solve the eigenvalue equation with the matrop facilities. There is no
mention in the manual of either solving a generalized eigenvalue
equation with a built-in procedure (like DIAG), or of overwriting [S]
(like is possible with [H0]), after which loading [SMH] would yield
the correct [S'^-1/2], or of any other way to calculate [S'^-1/2].

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Jutho Haegeman

Op 13-mrt-07, om 13:05 heeft Peter Reinhardt het volgende geschreven: