[molpro-user] gmainv1 failure

csong csong at ustc.edu.cn
Thu Feb 28 15:59:52 GMT 2008

 Hi,
 I have a linux machine(RHEL5 system,Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5335) with 12GB of memory and I'm trying to execute a job but I can't.  The error message is the following:

Failure in attempting memory allocation of 500230002 words (3816 Mbyte)
This error has been generated by the operating system,
and may be the result of insufficient system memory or paging space
In order to avoid the problem in the MOLPRO context,
consider also reducing the requested memory through
the MEMORY input command, or the -m command line option
gmainv1 failure to allocate 500230002

I already had done some search for similar issues and I had found that a possible problem is the datasize limits, but the problem stills even after changing these values to unlimited. And I had update the kernel to the latest stable version(2.6.24.3), but it is also no use.
# ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
max nice                        (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 106496
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
max rt priority                 (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 106496

Would you help me to solve it? Thanks.

Song