[molpro-user] FCI calculation

Peter Knowles KnowlesPJ at Cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 15:38:08 GMT 2008

The occ directive in FCI defines the numbers of orbitals in each
symmetry that are included in the FCI calculations. In your inputs you
have specified this as just the valence orbitals. With CASSCF orbitals
you should then get just the CASSCF energy, and with other orbitals,
something higher. If you want the full calculation including the
complete basis, simply omit occ.
Peter

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Main Building, Park Place,