{SPAM}? [molpro-user] {SPAM}? problem for extend basis set

Gerald Knizia knizia at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Mar 3 13:26:30 GMT 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008 08:02, 譚景誠 wrote:
> I am running the C3-Xe by using an extended basis set, from
> <http://gnode2. pnl.gov/bse/portal> http://gnode2.pnl.gov/bse/portal
> (basis set exchange), the basis for C(carbon) is cc-pvqz, and for the
> Xe(Xenon) is SDB-cc-pvqz, but there is no convergence at the HF-SCF level.
> But, using the same geometry and same basis set (the basis set is acquired
> above the website), it was converged with Gaussian 03. I don’t understand
> the different. Would you lease give me some help in this matter?

It works if you replace the
   int
   hf
   option,maxit=1000,iptyp=none

by
  {hf; noenest}.

You ran against a kind of sanity check which in this concrete case,
unfortunatelly, broke. Perhaps we can include a statement on how to turn it
off in the "UNREASONABLE TOTAL ENERGY" error message for the next molpro
version.
--
Gerald Knizia