[molpro-user] XYZ input

Jayashree yfpjaya at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:55:04 GMT 2008

I am using a precompiled binary of Molpro 2008.1. I have the following input
in xyz format for the methoxy molecule, and I believe I am following the
example given in the manual.
The output says -
 SETTING GEOMTYPE       =    XYZ
 Faulty geometry input, specified line:
0.82874
0.00000
-0.69003
 Your input contained            4  fields, but there should have been
           7

 Z matrix     Current Z-matrix
 ========

 Records:   700.0   700.0
 Maximum, total, and current numbers of geometry points 100   0   0
 Orientation using atomic masses

   #     Tag     N1 Distance  N2 Angle     N3 Angle        J

   1  1
   2  2   C       0 0.00000    0 0.00000    0
   3  3   O       0 0.00000    0 1.47586    0
   4  4   H       0  ? Error
 ? Too few geometry parameters given on zmatrix line
 ? The problem occurs in zmatrix

--------- How is it that it interprets my input as Zmatrix? Here is the
relevant section of the  input -
 basis=6-311++G