[molpro-user] gmainv (again)

Manhui Wang wangm9 at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 10:59:32 GMT 2008

I can't reproduce the problem on all the 64-bit platforms I have
accessed. On all those 64-bit platforms, molpro can use more than 4G
memory. Only when I specified more than 3G memory on 32-bit platforms,
the error mentioned happened. But this is obviously due to the
32-bit OS/machine limitation.

After discussion with Pedro, he went to see the output of the
person who got this error. The user mixed up the words and byte, and for
the FCI that was trying to do, he required  more than 3221455474
words (24577 Mbyte). Of course it is out of the physical limit of the
machine.

Normally, gmainv works fine to allocate more than 4G memory on 64-bit
machines.

--
Manhui  Wang