[molpro-user] CASSCF oscillator strengths

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Tue Oct 14 21:14:29 BST 2008

Hi Tanja,

the CASSCF code (multi) outputs the transition dipole matrix elements
by default in a state-averaged calculation and it's then easy to
calculate the oscillator strengths
from these:

f = (2/3)(dE)(R)^2

where dE is the energy difference between the states in hartrees and R
is the dipole transition moment also in a.u.

best wishes,

Kirk