[molpro-user] Numerical geometry opt

Hans-Joachim Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 22 08:51:49 BST 2008

optg computes the numerical gradients needed for the geometry
optimization
automatically. And if cartesian coordinates are used in the input, it
generates and uses symmetric displacement coordinates, which minimizes
the effort. It also uses a model hessian and other tricks for geometry
optimizations. All this is not available in minimize, and this is
therefore
not recommended for geometry optimizations.
Joachim Werner