[Molpro-user] restart?

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Tue Sep 9 16:37:07 BST 2008

Dear Raphael,

unfortunately restarts are only possible if you first specify a
permanent file on which all the pertinent
info is stored.  Generally this is molpro file 2.  All of Molpro's
temporary scratch files are automatically
deleted after a successful run, so currently I would imagine you have
nothing to restart from.  Your first
run should have been something like (note that with geomtyp=xyz the
default units are angstrom):

***,h2o test
file,2,test.wf
geomtyp=xyz
geometry={nosym
3

H,      1.0,  0.0,   0.0;
O,      0.0,  0.0,   0.0;
H,      0.0,  1.0,   0.0;
}
basis=sto-3g
hf
frequencies,print,low;
print,imag;
!put,molden

and I believe your 2nd job could then have been just:

***,h2o test
file,2,test.wf
geomtyp=xyz
geometry={nosym