[molpro-user] running 2008.1 under torque and MOAB

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Apr 7 12:58:01 BST 2009

Paul,

There are two issues here.

1. The difference between running when directly connected to the machine
and via PBS is that the GA launcher, 'parallel', detects in the first
case you are running locally, and in the second case it thinks it must
connect via the network to the machine (even if this is not true). Thus,
in the first case you will never see connection problems.

2. The binary parallel versions of Molpro use GA built with TCGMSG. The
primary reason for this is that it allows us to easily package up their
launcher, 'parallel', which is quite portable compared to packaging up
mpirun etc. This situation will likely change in future versions of
Molpro. The downside of using 'parallel' is that it relies upon rsh, not
ssh, so you must check users can rsh, without password, between the
nodes in order for Molpro to work.

Best wishes,

Andy