[molpro-user] Syntax of symmetry command in MOLPRO 2009.1

Terry Frankcombe tjf at rsc.anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 25 08:13:05 BST 2009

Hi folks

It just so happens that I've been fighting with this very thing!

It gets worse though.  If I specify symmetry=NoSym then the multi
program segfaults.  That's after a successful SCF calculation, in 2008.1
and 2009.1 on two different architectures.  The geometry in my case is
C1 (see below).  Specifying NoSym in the geometry block or letting
molpro work out there's no nontrivial symmetry works fine in 2006.1 and
2008.1 (and 2009.1 for the latter case).

Is there a special variable "symmetry" that's being clobbered or
something?

basis=VDZ
  ! uncommenting this (and removing NoSym form the geom) segfaults
!symmetry=NoSym
geometry={ NoSym
           O1
           H1 O1 rOH1