[molpro-user] UNITED PAIR DOMAINS

Ricardo Mata rmata at cii.fc.ul.pt
Mon Jan 19 15:05:51 GMT 2009

Dear Attila,

The program is complaining the fact that you have too many domains.
You can solve the problem by running "configure", and increasing the
number of maximum valence orbitals when prompted. You will have to
recompile Molpro afterwards.

however...

... before you do this, check whether the domains "make sense" for the
molecule you are computing. It might be that some of the domains
spread throughout large regions of the molecule. This happens
frequently in aromatic systems. If this is the case, you might want to
follow some of the indications in the manual regarding the domain
definition (like the domsel keyword) or the localization procedure
(delete some of the functions in the Pipek-Mezey localization
procedure).

Best regards,
Ricardo