[molpro-user] SP calculations error

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Sat Jul 18 19:33:48 BST 2009

It just looks like a simple HF convergence problem.  Do you do this
scan in a single input file by looping over your values of RX3?  If
so, the HF program will take its initial guess from the preceding
(hopefully converged) orbitals. From your input below it appears you
are not doing this and this simple fix above should get you going.
Note as well that the wf directive does not take a charge option - the
charge is completely specified by the # of electrons.  So you
wavefunction directive should just be:  wf,19,2,1    (presumably the
program has just been ignoring your extra "-1").

-Kirk

PS - if you don't want to calculate your cut in the same input, just
save the orbitals from each geometry to Molpro file 2, i.e.,  just
below your memory card include:

file,2,o2mh2.wf

subsequent jobs will automatically restart from this file and pick up
the previous geometry's orbitals.

regards,

Kirk