[molpro-user] Question about density matrices and Slater-type functions

Tatiana Korona tania at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Tue Jul 21 01:50:57 BST 2009

Dear Mark,

In you input you 1) forgot to run Hartree-Fock before CCSD; 2) used the
Partridge basis set which is not available for beryllium. I attach the
corrected version with a test vdz basis set (betry.inp).

CCSD properties are implemented for closed shell only, so you cannot have
Be+.

However, for your small systems the best solution is just to use FCI. I
have checked that one can obtain the FCI density matrix for Be+ (3
electrons active). The test input is attached (betry2.inp).

I don't know how to use Slaters. Maybe someone else will answer this
question??

Best wishes,

Tatiana

Dr. Tatiana Korona http://tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl/staff/tania/index.html
Quantum Chemistry Laboratory
University of Warsaw
Pasteura 1, PL-02-093 Warsaw, POLAND

`The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.'
                                        Edward John Phelps (1822-1900)