[molpro-user] EOM-CCSD capabilities

Ricardo Mata rmata at cii.fc.ul.pt
Fri Jun 19 11:37:03 BST 2009

Dear Huub,

The developer responsible for the EOM-CCSD code in Molpro is Dr.
Tatiana Korona. The local implementation is only experimental, but the
conventional code is perfectly functional, allowing for the
calculations of excited states and also properties. It also works for
single point calculations when using a point charge field (if that is
what you mean by embedded). This was used, for example, in J. Chem.
Phys. 130, 014505 (2009).

For an overview on how to use the method, the Molpro Manual (Chapter
25) should suffice. If you have questions about the method itself,
please refer to the J.Chem.Phys. 118 3006 paper and references
therein, or the book "Molecular Electronic-Structure Theory" from
Helgaker et al. If you have questions about the use with Chemshell
(since you are writing from Daresbury), you can also contact me or
Johannes Kaestner.

Best wishes,
Ricardo