[molpro-user] Induced atomic dipole moments don't seem to be right (?)

Tatiana Korona tania at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Fri Mar 20 19:04:04 GMT 2009

It is difficult to say what you do wrong in your finite field calculation
without seeing the input, but for HF you can obtain the polarizability
analytically,

  ***,He polarizability calculation
  memory,20,m

  geometry={he}

  basis=d-aug-cc-pvqz

  hf
  polari

  show,polxx

  polan=polxx*toang**3 angstrom3

In this example the polarizability is equal to 0.1959 Ang3, quite close to
what you cite as reference.

Best wishes,

Tatiana