[molpro-user] question about molpro

Peter Knowles KnowlesPJ at Cardiff.ac.uk
Wed May 20 12:01:12 BST 2009

There is no 8Gb limit. On some old linux systems where file addressing
is limited to 2Gb offsets, that's all you'll get. If Molpro is built
with 32-bit integers, it is likely that you will get failures beyond
16Gb.

Are you sure that the scratch filesystem pointed to by Molpro's -d
(and maybe -1, -2,..) options is big enough?

Peter

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Main Building, Park Place,