[molpro-user] Convergence of Triples in UCCSD(T)-F12 calculation

Ralf Tonner r.e.tonner at massey.ac.nz
Thu Nov 19 22:12:01 GMT 2009

Dear All,

I performed a series of UCCSD(T)-F12 calculations with the VDZ-F12 basis
set and Molpro2009.1, Patchlevel 20 (binary).

Several calculations converged well except for one radical anion.
After the (converged) UCCSD part I get the error message:
   > ?CONVERGENCE NOT REACHED AFTER MAX. ITERATIONS
   > ir12=                   257
   > ir12=                   257
   >
   > ?ERROR: NO CONVERGENCE. TRIPLES WILL NOT BE DONE. THIS CAN BE AVOIDED
   > USING THE NOCHECK OPTION.

(please find output-file attached).

Is there a way to tweak the convergence in this part of the calculation?
Since the calculation takes about a week to get to this point I would
appreciate any hints.

Thanks in advance
Ralf.

--