[molpro-user] CCSDT applicability parameter?

Benj FitzPatrick benjfitz at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 7 16:29:22 BST 2009

Stephen,
Just as in MCSCF/MRCI you can feed in whatever orbitals you like using the save
and orbital cards.  That being said, if CCSD(T) is placed right after a HF
calculation it will read in the most recent orbitals corresponding to the
specified basis set (namely, the HF orbitals just calculated).

WF works just like before (this is true for any molpro calc), but CCSD(T) is
single reference so state isn't applicable.  If you want to calculate excited
states with CCSD(T) you will have to use the EOM variant.
Thanks,
Benj