[molpro-user] amount of scratch needed

Jörg Saßmannshausen jorg.sassmannshausen at strath.ac.uk
Fri Sep 11 12:34:15 BST 2009

Dear all.

following up the earlier post regarding scratch files, I got a related
problem.
If I run the L-CCSD(T) calculation on one node with 4 cores, the amount of
available disc space for the scratch file (around 117GB) is insufficient.
Using my home as scratch space (around 760 GB) it is still insufficient.
Now, if I spread the calculation over several nodes (say 10), does that mean I
got 1.1 TB on scratch space available and MolPro is spreading it out and I
got a chance to run the calculatio or does it mean that all the files are
kept locally and hence I got the same problem regardless how many nodes I
would use?

Somehow I could not obtain an answer to this from the manual.

All the best

Jörg

Jörg Saßmannshausen
Research Fellow
University of Strathclyde
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
295 Cathedral St.
Glasgow
G1 1XL

email: jorg.sassmannshausen at strath.ac.uk