[molpro-user] (TiO)2+

Omololu prayerz at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 08:59:08 BST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to perform a Hartree-Fock energy calculation for the system mentioned above with aug-cc-pvtz for O and aug-cc-pwCVTZ-DK (downloaded from EMSL basis set site) for Ti. I use the "wf,28" option in MOLPRO and "ICHARG=2" one in GAMESS.
The problem is that at large separations (say, 9 bohrs), I get different results between GAMESS (-920.706634 Hartrees) and MOLPRO (-920.4296532 Hartrees). At short separations (say, 2 bohrs) GAMESS & MOLPRO agree.
Does anyone know if this is a pathological system? Is there a way to make  MOLPRO give the lower energy? Is there a way to force the system to go to Ti4+ and O2- at long distance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ciao,
o.