[molpro-user] explicitly corr. methods and core electron correlation?

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Tue Sep 29 16:11:40 BST 2009

Dear Raphael,

yes, Grant Hill and I have recently developed core-valence correlation
consistent basis sets for use in F12
calculations for core correlation (1st and 2nd row atoms). Overall it
works as well as one might expect for F12
(our new CVDZ-F12 basis sets  yield core-valence correlation effects
on things like Re and De that are as accurate
as conventional CVTZ or CVQZ) but one has to pay extra attention to
the value of geminal exponent.  We should be submitting
a paper to JCP on this over the next couple of weeks and can send you
a preprint if you're interested. In collaboration with
Hans-Joachim Werner's group in Stuttgart, we are also actively working
on all the post-d elements that include outer-core
correlation effects. So there will be lots of information in the
literature in the near future.

Of course without core correlation, there have already been a few
papers published that have used F12 for weak interactions
(check out Werner's recent pubs as well as Klopper).

-Kirk