[molpro-user] Questions about frozen core in SAPT calculation

cong.wang cong.wang at helsinki.fi
Mon Feb 22 12:32:51 GMT 2010

Dear Dr. Hesselmann,

  Many thanks for your help!

  Excuse me, what does "excluding the valence orbitals" mean? (will the
frozen orbital automatically be chosen from low to high orbital energy?)
Also, as you mentioned, the frozen core only affects the density-fitting
calculation, does it imply if I use Hartree-Fock monomer, it is impossible
to freeze any orbital unless circumvent the problem by lhf. If so, is there
any comparison available about the accuracy HF-SAPT vs LHF-SAPT for some
given set of molecules?

Thank you very much
Best regards
Cong Wang