[molpro-user] Can I compile molpro2009.1 parallel version without GA?

Manhui Wang wangm9 at cardiff.ac.uk
Sat Jan 2 13:18:08 GMT 2010

Hi He Ping,
    I am not sure how you set and test it, but the principle is simple,
that is to ensure each node has its TMPDIRs, which are dependent on the
node itself (not dependent on the head node on which you submit the job).

For me one example is:

add the following commands in the .bashrc

if [ ! -d /scratch/sacmw4/molpro/$HOSTNAME ]; then
   mkdir -p /scratch/sacmw4/molpro/$HOSTNAME
fi
export TMPDIR=/scratch/sacmw4/molpro/$HOSTNAME

thus on head node (arccacluster8)

[sacmw4 at arccacluster8 ~]$ echo $TMPDIR
/scratch/sacmw4/molpro/arccacluster8

and on an arbitrary node (eg arccacluster44)

[sacmw4 at arccacluster8 ~]$ ssh arccacluster44
Last login: Sat Jan  2 13:10:39 2010 from arccacluster8
[sacmw4 at arccacluster44 ~]$ echo $TMPDIR
/scratch/sacmw4/molpro/arccacluster44

This ensures each node has its TMPDIR, and works fine for me.

Best wishes,
Manhui

--