[molpro-user] More State Than Configurations Specified

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Tue Mar 9 07:36:44 GMT 2010

Joshua,

the problem is that you're not specifying enough active orbitals in the mcscf to support all the
states you are requesting.  I note that a full valence CAS would have an occ card with 6,2,2  (see the
end of the integral output and add together the lines for valence and core orbitals)  whereas
you're specifying below just the orbitals occupied in the HF.

-Kirk