[molpro-user] NUMBER OF OCCUPIED ORBITALS NOT CONSISTENT WITH NUMBER OF ELECTRONS FOR CCSD.

Charles Wood c.wood at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 19 12:30:37 GMT 2010

Hi there MOLPRO mailing list,

I'm new to this and I haven't used MOLPRO in a couple of years so I'm
learning the ropes again. I was trying to run a single Magnesium ion
calculation with a +1 charge, but I keep getting the error in the
subject header:

NUMBER OF OCCUPIED ORBITALS NOT CONSISTENT WITH NUMBER OF ELECTRONS FOR
CCSD. NELEC=  11  NCORE=  5  NCLOS=  1  NOCC=  6  MS2= 1

In the input I simply added "set,charge = 1" and tried "charge = 1", but
to no avail. Where am I going wrong? Is this not the correct way to use
the charge flag?

Thank you,
Charlie