[molpro-user] about setting up the molpro program in ubuntu linux sys

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri May 7 19:39:45 BST 2010

On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:09:17 -0400
> Thank you and I really appreciate it.
> **************
> wlu3 at ubuntu:~/Desktop/molpro$ molpro h2o.inp
> molpro: command not found
> wlu3 at ubuntu:~/Desktop/molpro$ molpro h2o.inp &
> [1] 1876
> wlu3 at ubuntu:~/Desktop/molpro$ molpro: command not found
> ./ molpro h2o.inp &
> [2] 1878
> [1]   Exit 127                molpro h2o.inp
> bash: ./: is a directory

Your mistake is a space between './' and 'molpro'. './molpro' is just a
path to executable where '.' point to current directory. I'd
recommended you to learn unix command line syntax a bit before using
molpro.

Also, if you have administrative privileges on that system, I'd
recommended you to install Molpro into default location (just hit enter
instead of typing 'molpro' in configurator. Than Molpro will be
installed system-wide (to /usr/local/bin), and you'll be able to use
'molpro' command in any directory of your choice

--
Regards,
Konstantin