[molpro-user] DFT calculations produced different energy with a different guesses

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Wed Nov 3 15:01:21 GMT 2010

David,

it looks to me that you're getting stuck into a few local minima.  Do these different calculations converge to different structures?  How different are the energies at the starting geometries?  I would strongly recommend printing the orbitals and taking a careful look.   You could also try doing a CASSCF calculation (print the orbitals and CI vector)  to see how things should really be occupied.

regards,

Kirk