[molpro-user] calculating the energy of a degenerate state using mrci reg

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Sun Nov 28 17:50:50 GMT 2010

Alternatively, if you want to keep your full-valence active space, don't close the C 2s orbital (often not a good idea anyway) and don't average in the neutral state. This will also get you degenerate A' and A" states for your cation in multi. Of course then your mrci calcs will be using different orbitals optimized for different states, but hopefully that will not affect your ionization potential all that much in this case.

-Kirk