[molpro-user] complete basis set limit for different atoms

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Thu Sep 2 16:09:03 BST 2010

When doing CBS extrapolations it's always best to keep things as consistent on each atom as possible.  In particular what would be
the value of X you would use in your extrapolation formula if you use different quality sets on each atom?  Another option in your case
would be to optimize a 6Z set for Mg, but simply doing a Q5 extrapolation is certainly the easiest option.

regards,

Kirk