[molpro-user] active space

lydia theochemly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 16:13:22 BST 2010

Hi Terry,
Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate it.
I am trying your suggestions.
As you said, it happends because the MCSCF algorithm is too good.
I give you an example. The avtive space I want to choose should
include the 5d empty orbitals of some atom. The output shows that
those corresponding orbitals are not pure 5d of this atom, and the
other half contribution is from the 3d empty orbitals of another atom
which are not I want. I tried to include more states to do the
SA-CASSCF calculations, sometimes the 3d empty orbitals are gone, but
sometimes they are still there. I think those orbitals are high- lying
and do not nearly have electrons occupation, so  it will not influence
the accuracy of the results. How do you think?

lydia